Wednesday, 5 August 2015

VISION - Motivational Video

So I just watched this motivational video and to sum up the experience? It was Empowering! 
its been 3 weeks into school and I felt that I'm already having doubts and thoughts of giving up. School has been a tiring and demanding experience thus far and I can't begin to imagine all the work and assignments that are coming as I progress forward. 

However, the video really motivated me to keep at it. To search within myself to find the strength to persevere. To always progress forward and have a clear image of where I am going to be in the future. That struck particularly hard as before I came to NAFA I had already had a goal that I would be making tons of money doing science as a career. It was logical and viable, but now in art school its so hard to "imagine" where you are going to be in the future. Doing art is like building a house on not so solid foundations. It is going to a tough career and its hard to imagine where I'm going to be in the future. As i think about it more and more, I began to see myself in a place where I would continue to design work and live comfortably. So this is my new goal for a new season. To have skills and to be chills.

Another thing that hit me was when the narrator said "fail forward". No matter how good we think we are or how good our work turns out. It may not be what people like and we will most definitely fail sometimes. However, what separates the strong from the weak is when we pick ourselves up. Despite failure we fall forward. We don't linger on the past, we PROGRESS even though we fall. 

I truly believe we need motivation to continue and press on in this industry. An industry that likes to critique and pass judgement. We need to remember to persevere and never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment