I ran by, got the child's attention. Tagged her and she immediately understood that it was a game. I guess as a child everything truly is all fun and game.
Everyone went to find their "targets" but since I had an amazing stroke of luck with finding the child. I went get hydrated after the intense chasing.
Royson is here filming the failed attempts. We wondered the Bugis area for quite some time trying to find some people that would actually chase us back.
After school, we went to buy some art materials and try to see if we could get better shots but we didn't.
All in all, today's homework was pretty insane. But it did open my eyes to see how many Singaporeans suppress their inner child. When you look into their eyes you can see some parts of them want to actually give chase but are afraid of being seen as weird or crazy. They are so afraid of the opinions of others that they play the facade of maturity. To be terribly honest, if someone tagged me in real life I would first check my wallet to see if its still there and probably just shrug it off. But it was a relieve that we were indeed able to find the extremely small minority that were willing to have a little bit of fun. This bold homework also allowed me to get to know more about my group members. I saw that they soon loosened up and were bold enough to valiantly run and tag random strangers. It's heartwarming to know that some of us haven't entirely lost our inner child. We've started on a journey of unleashing our inner child.
No comments:
Post a Comment